The Christian preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church welcomes all families and celebrates each child as a gift from God. We develop strong self-esteem in our children by guiding them to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively.
• Ways to look after our world
Sing and move to fun songs from the school year and make use of a variety of classroom instruments
Outside Fun 3
• Ribbon streamer per child
• Spread parachute on the grass or floor
1. Parachute Games
When I say your name run and sit around the parachute. Everyone hold the sides of the parachute and let’s lift it up high and then let it drop down to the ground.
• Play “Wheels on the Bus” with the parachute. (Round & round – walk around holding parachute; wipers – stand a little closer and move arms back and forth; Children go up and down – go up and down; Baby – stand a little closer and make rocking motion.)
2. Ribbon Streamers
Hold your streamer high and wave it around be careful that you are close but not touching anyone else. Now dance around with the streamers. Can you spin around? Can you make them go up and down?
1. What color is the outside of the watermelon? What color is the inside of the watermelon? What are the little black things called?
2. Can watermelons grow in Minnesota? How would you grow a watermelon?
Needed: watermelon cut up into small slices