The Christian preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church welcomes all families and celebrates each child as a gift from God. We develop strong self-esteem in our children by guiding them to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively.
Car (carro),plane (avion),train (tren), boat (barco), bicycle (bicicleta)
• Different ways we can travel
With the help of resonator bells and echoes we will work on matching pitch, review dynamics and sing some fun Easter Songs
• 1 spot marker per child
• Line of mats, hoops
• CD Player and CD
• Spread spot markers in space
1. Find a spot marker. Pretend you are a rubber band and stretch as high as you can, stretch as wide as you can, now slowly become very small and crouch down low. Now we are jumping jelly beans! Can you do little hops on the spot? I will count 1, 2, 3 and then do a big jump high in the air. Do several times.
2. Do you know how to leap? Leaping is jumping with your legs stretched wide. Practice leaping around space, encourage bending knees when landing. Pretend that the hoops are rain puddles, move around the space and leap over the puddles.
3. Let’s hop and make a line by the blue mats. We are going to take turns moving on the mats. When you have had your turn skip back and join the line. Roll with arms overhead, arms at side, forward roll if able, crawl, creep and slither like a snake. Animal Action song could be used too.
4. Play “Follow the Leader” on the mats.
Today we are going to make a truck for our snack using crackers and fruit.
Give children a selection of different shaped crackers and several banana slices on a small plate. They can arrange them to make a truck or other vehicle.
Needed: Assorted crackers, 1-2 bananas per class, small plates, knife