The Christian preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church welcomes all families and celebrates each child as a gift from God. We develop strong self-esteem in our children by guiding them to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively.
Earth (la tierra), worm (el gusano), butterfly (mariposa0, flower (la flor), tomatoes (tomates0
• To learn how items are put together
Review and identity classroom instruments, echo and clap 4 beat patterns, and sing and move to variety of fun spring songs.
• 1 spot marker & 1 beach ball per child
• CD Player and CD
• Jump rope
• Spread spot markers in space
1. Quickly find a spot. Let’s pretend to kick a ball. Shake one of your feet, now shake the other foot. Step forward on one foot and kick with the other. Move around the space stepping with one foot and kicking with other. Now change feet.
2. Beach Balls
When you hear your spot color gallop and get a beach ball. When the music starts play with your ball. When the music stops, hold the ball between your feet. Don’t let it roll away.
3. Play” Beach Ball Volleyball”.
4. Play “Cooperation Carry”.
5. Pretend to be ants pushing dirt in underground tunnel and take turn to crawl through tunnel pushing a beach ball in front of you.
1. What is the bottom layer of a pizza called? Show children the English muffin. Does anyone know what it is called?
2. What shape is an English muffin?
3. What color is pizza sauce? What is it made from?
4. What is the name of the cheese that usually goes on top of the pizza?
5. How can we melt the cheese on our pizza?
6. Give each child ½ of a muffin or ¼ muffin. Each child can spread pizza sauce on their “pizza’ with a stick. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven for a few minutes.
Needed: English Muffins, pizza sauce, cheese, spreading sticks, baking sheet,