Child Development & Learning Center
Celebrate Each Child As a Gift From God
The Christian preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church welcomes all families and celebrates each child as a gift from God. We develop strong self-esteem in our children by guiding them to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively.
OceanStarts: 12:00 amEnds: March 21, 2019 - 11:59 pm
Resonator Bars, Echoes, Pitch, EasterStarts: 12:00 amEnds: March 21, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
With the help of resonator bells and echoes we will work on matching pitch, review dynamics and sing some fun Easter Songs.
Floor ExcerisesStarts: 12:00 amEnds: March 21, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
1. Find a spot marker. Pretend you are a rubber band and stretch as high as you can, stretch as wide as you can, now slowly become very small and crouch down low. Now we are jumping jelly beans! Can you do little hops on the spot? I will count 1, 2, 3 and then do a big jump high in the air. Do several times.
2. Do you know how to leap? Leaping is jumping with your legs stretched wide. Practice leaping around space, encourage bending knees when landing. Pretend that the hoops are rain puddles, move around the space and leap over the puddles.
3. Let’s hop and make a line by the blue mats. We are going to take turns moving on the mats. When you have had your turn skip back and join the line. Roll with arms overhead, arms at side, forward roll if able, crawl, creep and slither like a snake. Animal Action song could be used too.
4. Play “Follow the Leader” on the mats.
Funny Fish WaffleStarts: 12:00 amEnds: March 21, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
Funny Fish Waffle FUNNY FISH WAFFLE INGREDIENTS Round Waffle (frozen or homemade) Banana Clementine orange Cream Cheese Yellow Food Coloring Chocolate Chips Chocolate Sprinkles DIRECTIONS Begin by mixing the cream cheese with yellow food coloring to your desired shade. Once finished, spread on your waffle (use a rubber spatula to made it smooth). For the eyes, cut two slices of banana and place on the right hand side of the waffle. Add a chocolate chip pupil to each eye. Next peel your clementine and place two sections at the top left of the waffle to make the tail. Add a third section to the lower center of the waffle for the fin. Finally, sprinkle the edges lightly with chocolate sprinkles to finish your pufferfish. Serve and enjoy!
Following directions -Jonah and the whaleStarts: 12:00 amEnds: March 21, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
• Hear the Bible story about Jonah • We should listen to God