Child Development & Learning Center
Celebrate Each Child As a Gift From God
The Christian preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church welcomes all families and celebrates each child as a gift from God. We develop strong self-esteem in our children by guiding them to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively.
Earth- Rocks, Stones, & GemsStarts: 12:00 amEnds: September 17, 2019 - 11:59 pm
Movement, dance, rhythm sticks, rhymesStarts: 12:00 amEnds: September 17, 2019 - 11:59 pm
Space AwarenessStarts: 12:00 amEnds: September 17, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
• 1 spot marker per child
• CD player and Greg & Steve CD
• Spread spot markers in space.
• Introduce personal space.
• Play freeze game.
• Different ways to travel.
1. Introduce personal space.
Everyone find a spot marker and stretch your hands up to the sky, down to the ground, to the front, behind, to the side
Can you touch anyone? This is your personal space. You are in your own space.
2. Play “Close but not touching “game.
3. Play “Freeze Game” by Greg and Steve.
Find your spot, when music starts walk around spot. When music stops “Freeze” like a statue. Freeze means stop where you are and do not move. Play several times.
This time when the music starts travel away from your spot. When music stops “Freeze” like a statue. Experiment with different ways to travel … walk, jog and run. When you hear “Go home!” move back to your spot.
4. Pick up Time
When you hear the color of your spot bring it to me. Sit down when you are ready.
Rocky Road PuddingStarts: 12:00 amEnds: September 17, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
Rocky Road Pudding
1. Mix pudding mix with 2 cups of milk. Have the children take turns stirring.
2. Put a little pudding in each cup and give children mini marshmallows and cereal to make “rocks” in the pudding.
Needed: pudding, 2 cups of milk, cereal, mini marshmallows, spoons, large spoon, whisk, bowl
The TrinityStarts: 12:00 amEnds: September 17, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
God is one but has different parts God, Jesus and Holy Spirit