Child Development & Learning Center
Celebrate Each Child As a Gift From God
The Christian preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church welcomes all families and celebrates each child as a gift from God. We develop strong self-esteem in our children by guiding them to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively.
Air, Water, LandStarts: 12:00 amEnds: November 14, 2019 - 11:59 pm
Changing tempos, percussionStarts: 12:00 amEnds: November 14, 2019 - 11:59 pm
Rhythm RibbonsStarts: 12:00 amEnds: November 14, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
• 1 spot marker per child
• Rhythm ribbons
• CD Player, ExerSong CD, & “Ball,
Hoop and Ribbon Activities” CD
• Spread spot markers in space
• Animal pictures ready for use
1. Find a spot marker. Can you name a big animal? Make your body as big as you can and move around the room. What animal is really small? Make your body really small and move around the room.
Play “Animal Action” song on “ExerSong” CD and act out animal movements.
2. Give each child a ribbon. Stand on your spot and move your ribbons high, low and medium. Stir with your ribbons, pretend that you are mixing a cake. Stir fast and slow. Can you dance with your ribbons to the music? Try twirling and spinning with your ribbons.
3. Use “Ball, Hoop and Ribbon Activities” CD .
4. Play “Copy Cat” game.
Cranberry JamStarts: 12:00 amEnds: November 14, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
1. Wash and sort the cranberries with the children. Ask them questions such as …what color are the cranberries?, Are they sweet or sour? Where do they grow? Are they bigger or smaller than an apple?
2. Mix 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water. Stir to DISSOLVE the sugar as you bring it to the boil.
3. Add cranberries and return to boil. Reduce heat and gently boil until the cranberries pop (about 10 minutes). Can call the children back to hear the popping.
4. Put into jars for each class. Save a little to taste with crackers.
Needed: 1 bag of cranberries per class, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar, electric frying pan, jars with lids
Shining lights for JesusStarts: 12:00 amEnds: November 14, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
• Be light like Jesus and comfort