Child Development & Learning Center
Celebrate Each Child As a Gift From God
The Christian preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church welcomes all families and celebrates each child as a gift from God. We develop strong self-esteem in our children by guiding them to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively.
ChristmasStarts: 12:00 amEnds: December 13, 2018 - 11:59 pmDescription:
• Learn about Christmas traditions etc.
Christmas Music, legato, staccatoStarts: 12:00 amEnds: December 13, 2018 - 11:59 pmDescription:
Add instruments and movement to a variety of Christmas Music, as well as listen for legato, staccato and changing dynamics
Large Balls 2Starts: 12:00 amEnds: December 13, 2018 - 11:59 pmDescription:
1. Stand on your spot. Play the “Freeze Game”.
2. Large Balls: Teacher will toss the ball to children in turn. Children will cheer while waiting for their turn. • Now hold ball in both hands at waist height, drop the ball, and catch it with two hands. This is bouncing. Practice bouncing the ball on the spot and then while walking around the space. • Find a partner and roll the ball to each other. Let’s make 2 lines facing each other. • Roll a ball back and forth down the line and then back again
3. Play “Simon Says” using the large balls. (Example; “Simon Says bounce the ball”,” Simon says hold the ball over your head” etc.)
4. When I say the color of your ball bring it to me and sit down.
Rudolph FacesStarts: 12:00 amEnds: December 13, 2018 - 11:59 pmDescription:
Rudolph Faces 1. Give each child a square of graham crackers 2. Spread chocolate frosting over graham crackers. Decorate with raisin eyes, a red hot nose and Chow Mein noodles for horns. 3. Talk about the shape of the cracker, the color of the frosting, why Rudolph had a red nose etc. Needed: Graham cracker per child, raisins, red hots, and Chow Mein noodles, frosting. Craft sticks for spreading
The Birth of JesusStarts: 12:00 amEnds: December 13, 2018 - 11:59 pmDescription:
Jesus is born