Child Development & Learning Center
Celebrate Each Child As a Gift From God
The Christian preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church welcomes all families and celebrates each child as a gift from God. We develop strong self-esteem in our children by guiding them to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively.
DinosaursStarts: 12:00 amEnds: January 17, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
• Many kinds of dinos
• Dinos are extinct
• Dinos ate plants / meat
Orchestral instruments, xylophones, high, lowStarts: 12:00 amEnds: January 17, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
Instruments of the orchestra; xylophones; music can move high and low.
HoopsStarts: 12:00 amEnds: January 17, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
1. Give each child a hoop to place on his spot marker. Let’s move in a circle around the hoop. Move forwards and then backwards. Jump in and out of the hoop. Now let’s jump in and out 5 times. Make your body go through the hoop. Hold the hoop up over your head, bring it down and step through it. Repeat several times.
2. Practice jumping using the hoops. Try spinning the hoop around your waist. Can you roll your hoop and put it away?
3. Walk slowly around the room, now walk as fast as you can, now slow now fast again? Play “Talking Drum” game.
4. Play “Tortoise and Hare” game.
5. Walk on tiptoe to your color spot, bring it to me and sit down.
ButterStarts: 12:00 amEnds: January 17, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
Making Butter 1. Where does milk come from? Where do we buy milk? 2. Butter is made from a special kind of milk called cream. We will make butter from whipping cream. 3. Put a small amount of cream in a jar, put top on securely. Pass the jar to class members and shake for a long time to make butter. 4. Add a little salt and taste the butter on crackers. Needed: whipping cream, salt, crackers, baby food jars
Use your words - MosesStarts: 12:00 amEnds: January 17, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
• God made our mouths, lips and tongues so we can speak.