Child Development & Learning Center
Celebrate Each Child As a Gift From God
The Christian preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church welcomes all families and celebrates each child as a gift from God. We develop strong self-esteem in our children by guiding them to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively.
Dental Health & NutritionStarts: 12:00 amEnds: February 21, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
• Looking after our teeth and bodies
• Healthy foods to eat
Classical Music, Echoes, Valentine songsStarts: 12:00 amEnds: February 21, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
Move and dance to classical music, sing fun Valentine songs, and learn about echoes
Scarves/RibbonsStarts: 12:00 amEnds: February 21, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
1. Find a spot marker. Pretend you are a bouncy ball. Bounce up and down while I count to 10. Crouch low to the ground, let’s pretend we are rockets. Get ready to blast off while I count down from 10.
2. Scarves. When I say your name jump, choose a scarf and jump back to your spot. • When you hear the music, dance with your scarf. When the music stops drop your scarf near your feet and stand still. • Toss your scarf high in the air and catch it on body parts. • Toss your scarf up, clap once and catch it. • Toss your scarf up, spin around and catch it. • Fold your scarf like a triangle. Can you make a smaller triangle? When you are done bring it to me and get a ribbon streamer.
3. Ribbon Streamers Dance around the space to the music. Wave your ribbons high and low, fast and slow. When the music stops make your ribbons “Freeze.”
Smile FacesStarts: 12:00 amEnds: February 21, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
Smile Faces 1. What is the shape of our face? What do our eyes do? How many noses do we have? What does our nose do? What do we use our mouth for? God made us all so wonderfully! 2. Give each child a circle cracker, talk about the shape. Have them spread crackers with apple butter or cream cheese, add, shredded cheese for hair, raisins, chocolate chips, red licorice for features. Needed: circle crackers, apple butter, small knives, shredded cheese,raisins, chocolate chips , licorice
Enjoy GodStarts: 12:00 amEnds: February 21, 2019 - 11:59 pmDescription:
• Enjoy talking to and listening to God