Child Development & Learning Center
Celebrate Each Child As a Gift From God
The Christian preschool at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church welcomes all families and celebrates each child as a gift from God. We develop strong self-esteem in our children by guiding them to grow spiritually, socially, emotionally, physically and cognitively.
Bugs and InsectsStarts: 12:00 amEnds: September 19, 2018 - 11:59 pmDescription:
• To learn about bugs and insects
Intro. to P. Mooney curriculumStarts: 12:00 amEnds: September 19, 2018 - 11:59 pmDescription:
P. Mooney, his Friends & Treasures Self-Identity, Building Relationships, Speaking
Movement, dance rhythm sticks, rhymesStarts: 12:00 amEnds: September 19, 2018 - 11:59 pmDescription:
Introduce music through movement, dance, use of rhythm sticks, and familiar nursery rhymes
Space Awareness 2Starts: 12:00 amEnds: September 19, 2018 - 11:59 pmDescription:
1. Review Personal space and “Freeze”. Everyone find a spot marker and stretch your arms out to be sure that you are “Close but not touching” anyone.
2. Freeze Game. When you hear the music, dance around the space. When the music stops “Freeze” like a statue. Play several times.
3. Introduce “Creeping” and “Crawling”. Creeping is using only your arms to help you move, crawling is using your hands and your knees to move. Pretend to be a worm or a snake. Practice creeping and crawling around room and through the tunnel.
4. Play “Scamper” from Witches Brew CD. Some children are mice and some cats. Mice can practice creeping and crawling while cats are asleep. Act out the song several times changing roles.
5. Play “Hop To it Game.”
6. Pick up Time. When you hear the color of your spot bring it to me. Sit down when you are ready.
Fly in the PuddingStarts: 12:00 amEnds: September 19, 2018 - 11:59 pmDescription:
Fly in the Pudding 1. What color are flies? What time of the year do you see them? How many legs do they have? 2. Today we are going to make pudding and put some flies in it! 3. Pudding is made from milk and pudding mix. Have children take turns to mix up the pudding using a whisk. Talk about measuring. Talk about the consistency – thin to thick. Put a little pudding in each cup. 4. Give each child several chocolate chips to stir into their pudding, have them count them as they are added. Needed: Vanilla pudding, chocolate chips, 2 cups milk per class, cups, whisk, spoons
Praying at schoolStarts: 12:00 amEnds: September 19, 2018 - 11:59 pmDescription:
• We pray and worship God at school every day.